Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday
Another good day for Bonnie, although it didn’t start out that way. Her night saw intermittent sleep. The two units of platelets were not finished until 12:45 a.m. and were administered under a watchful eye by staff, so sleeping during the transfusion is somewhat challenging. The staff is very cautious with blood transfusions, from making sure the pack matches the armband as well as the certificate paper to monitoring Bonnie for any allergic reactions. At the 3:00 vitals check, Bonnie fell asleep with her head tipped and woke with a kink in her neck that quickly became an excruciating headache. The only relief she had was standing up….at 5:00 a.m. in the morning. We decided to walk the hallways to see if the distraction would give her relief. Ultimately staff gave her Tylenol and that took care of it thankfully.

Bonnie’s white blood cell count early today had dropped to 1,400, so we are seeing the desired outcome from the chemo which runs until Thursday this week.

There isn’t much more to report from today. The doctors say it is a real good thing when Bonnie becomes bored. We’re starting to see that phase coming.

Again, we can’t say it enough. Thank you for all the love and support through your prayers, meals for our family, cards, emails, notes and phone calls. It is such a joy to know how many people care about us. God knows just what we need and that’s all of you.

We understand that many of the teen Facebooks today said their status was something along the line of “I’m hungry” or “I’m starving”. We are blown away that over 40 teenagers today were fasting and praying today for Bonnie. Thank you so much…..now go get some pizza and ice cream! In all seriousness, it means a lot to Bonnie and I that a group of teens would take the day and sacrifice to remind them to pray for Bonnie.

The wonderful meal that was delivered to our house tonight came with a card with one of my favorite scripture verses which I will close with……Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you;

Be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you,
I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

That say’s it all.

1 comment:

  1. hello. I would just like to say that you have impecable spelling dad. I would fail this blogging stuff but oh well. Tell mother i say hello and to get better soon, which i guess i could tell her in person or on the phone. I guess this comment is basically has no purpose but to say hello. I thought i would be kind and be the first person to comment on here. Hope you liked it!!!! LOVE YOU TONS!!

    *Callie

    ReplyDelete