Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday,

(From Bonnie – Steve typing Bonnie’s words due to her fatigue)

Today started out a good day with enough energy that I was able to eat my breakfast, get cleaned up and nourish myself with scripture and still have enough leftover for my laps around the floor. I came back and napped quite a bit before lunch and then ate most of my lunch, which is a praise, since food has no taste. Some of the pressure I have been putting on myself has been taken off since I know that 50% of my calories are coming from the IV food bag.

This afternoon took a little turn for the worse as I continue to struggle with intestinal issues. I’m constantly in the process of trying to be at peace in all circumstances, but it is very difficult when you can’t be too far from the bathroom for fear of not making it in time. If I don’t have inner peace in all circumstances, including the mentally and physically draining intestinal issue I’m having, then my focus becomes on my immediate circumstances instead of where God wants me to be, and that is trusting Him, being at peace and thankful for His comforting hand. So I pray and cry out to God for His intervention during my worst times to help me dwell on the positives which results in peace from Him. I pray that God will help me accept the timing of my physical weaknesses and that He helps me to trust Him more. A verse I’m holding onto is one that I read today in my “31 Days of Praise” book that someone loaned to me. It comes from 2 Corinthians 12:10:

“Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake for when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Please pray that I have the endurance to take on the next hour of the day ahead of me and to help my mind focus on one day at a time and not look too far ahead to keep discouragement from setting in. This is where I’m vulnerable and weak and where Satan would want infiltrate my mind.

Thank you all so very much for praying for me during this time of need. I appreciate you and love you very much.

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie~ we are PRAYiNG for you and your precious family!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to update us each day! We know this takes great effort and time and we so appreciate hearing how you are doing each day, as you are on our heart and in our prayers continually! We love you all!!!! B & K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Bonnie,

    Praying for a good appetite for you today! Remember: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." I Peter 5:7

    Grace and Peace,
    Sandy Mandeville

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie-
    I'm thinking of you, as I do every day right when my eyes open up. I'm praying for you to have strength moment by moment. Are you accepting visitors yet? I'd love so much to come and see you.

    God's peace and grace today,
    Kelly Sites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Opper, I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. I am praying continually for you to have renewed physical, emotional, and spiritual strength. I pray the same for Mr. Opper, Cassandra, Caleb, and Callie.
    God bless you and keep you in His perfect peace even in the midst of this struggle!!
    Love, Stephanie E.
    Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong. Take courage. Don't be afraid. Because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He is right there with you. He won't let you down; He won't leave you."

    ReplyDelete